Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Spa at Tabacon and La Fortuna

This town, situated at the base of the Arenal Volcano, is an adventure mecca. The Hotel we arrived at, the Tabacon Grand Spa, was beautiful. But we only discovered how great the hotel was later today when we went in the hotel’s hot springs. They are the most elaborate and developed pool/springs I have ever seen in my life. They make Banff uncompelling. This is a spring river that literally flows very warm water right through the heart of the jungle. They have been modified so that the natural springs are formed into pools and waterfalls spanning hundreds of meters up the spring river. The spa also includes amazing stone tiled pools that make it exceptional. Relaxation is no chore here. They even have the spa treatments where you walk out into the jungle to private cabanas to be treated in unparalleled comfort. I sound like I’m advertising for this place but it really is that amazing and different. I’ve not encountered anything like it before in my life.

The rooms are very nice and the beds are a welcome sight for a long days adventure.














































Maybe the waterslide was the best part


No comments: