Saturday, February 9, 2013

Rafting in Bariloche


There’s not much to write about for the rafting but there’s lots of pictures. It was a long drive there and back, roughly 2.5 hours each way, and it was uncomfortable due to the gravel roads and the dust. We did have a fun little breakfast before rafting at the lodge that they have built for this rafting company to store it’s equipment and have a place for breakfast and lunch for the guests. We got to meet some of the people from our boat at breakfast and then we outfitted ourselves with wetsuits, helmets, and life jackets and loaded back in the van and headed up to the rafting drop off site. The guides gave us a run through on the commands and what he needed us to do to keep the boat in position. Brooke and I paddled right next to each other and our paddling was enjoyably very synchronous – if you are out of time it is horrible because you hit paddles.  The waters are rough but totally fun. You would be hard pressed to get hurt here unless you couldn’t swim. In fact, I went over the edge of the boat twice while we were trying to attempt a little stunt that the guide was having us do for fun. The second time I went over, I went right under the boat. But I didn’t lose a paddle, I held it the whole time!!!! Falling out of the boat twice was my comical contribution to the adventure.

If you get a chance to go rafting someday, I suggest you give it a try. It was a blast, more than either Brooke or I expected and we had a great day doing it.

Bariloche 028Bariloche 027Bariloche 026APP_5590APP_5595APP_5611Bariloche 025APP_5632APP_5641APP_5644APP_5691APP_5692



This is a prettty cool sequence of our first attempt at finding the ‘hole’

APP_5750APP_5751APP_5752APP_5754APP_5755APP_5756APP_5758
We actually made it out in one piece!




Then, we paddled into the hole again to try and surf the wave:

APP_5797APP_5798APP_5799APP_5842APP_5843APP_5844APP_5845APP_5846APP_5847APP_5848APP_5851

The same run from a different angle
app_5868a (1)app_5868a (3)app_5868a (4)app_5868a (33)app_5868a (34)app_5868a (35)app_5868a (36)app_5868a (37)app_5868a (38)app_5868a (39)app_5868a (41)app_5868a (43)app_5874a (1)
We made two attempts at this and I got washed out of the boat twice!!!!!


app_5874a (11)APP_5897APP_5904

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like another shitty day in paradise! Wish I was there! Kelly